03 Oct 2022
Lewisham College welcomed back learners for a special awards ceremony to celebrate the success of learners who have secured places in Russell Group universities, including Queen Mary University College, Leeds University, and Kings College London as well as Goldsmiths, London South Bank and Greenwich University to study a range of subjects such as IT and Computing, Nursing, Psychology, Creative Writing and Social and Political Science.
26 Aug 2022
Learners at Lewisham College are celebrating their GCSE results day, with many being awarded top marks. Receiving these impressive results in their subjects has created opportunities for them to progress onto higher level education, with vocational, technical, or academic study now potential options for their future. It has also been a good year for Lewisham College as learners receive outstanding grades in their BTEC and vocational courses.
09 Jun 2022
Lewisham College hosted the annual Reading Challenge Awards to celebrate the success of learners from across the College who participated in the challenge, reading several items within a set period to develop their reading and comprehension skills.As part of the challenge, each learner chose six reads to record, rate and review in their reading diary. After completing the challenge, they received a certificate or a digital badge for their achievement.
26 May 2022
As a part of the end-of-year exams, Performing and Production Arts learners at Lewisham College showcased their talents in live performances over the course of two days. The shows were open to friends and family,as well as to students from local schools, who were able to see the progress of our learners, as well as get a taste of the Creative Arts courses available at the College.
18 May 2022
Lewisham College hosted a Disability Confident Jobs Fair in collaboration with the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) to help young people and adults with a disability to discover employment opportunities and receive advice on finding the right pathway to help them achieve their ambitions.
04 Mar 2022
Lewisham College, along with our colleagues across NCG, are saddened and deeply troubled by the ongoing invasion of Ukraine, and we stand in solidarity with the people of Ukraine and support their right to peace, freedom and sovereignty. Our thoughts are with all those affected by the conflict, both the brave Ukrainian citizens seeking shelter and safety, and the Russian citizens taking a stand against the actions of their government.
11 Feb 2022
Lewisham College celebrated National Apprenticeship Week with a series of events and workshops to highlight the positive impact apprenticeships have on individuals, businesses and the economy and spread the word on how this nationally recognised qualification can help build a skilled workforce.
20 Jan 2022
ESOL learners at Lewisham College participated in Sonic Minds, a creative project led by Lewisham Music that aims to evaluate the connection between music and wellbeing.
10 Jan 2022
Learners on the Bricklaying Programme at Lewisham College gained valuable on-site experience by visiting the historic Lots Road Power Station in Chelsea, London where they had the chance to gain an insight into building site conditions and to speak with professionals within the construction industry, including the brickwork contractor.
16 Dec 2021
Lewisham College is excited to launch a new NVQ Level 2 Plumbing and Heating qualification starting in the new year. The course is designed to equip current tradespeople in the plumbing industry with the latest practical training and skills that meet the requirements of working within the sector.
08 Dec 2021
Lewisham College hosted a ‘Get Creative’ event this week to mark the launch of Inspire Lewisham, a new initiative delivered in partnership with Goldsmiths, University of London, The Albany and Do It Now Now that strives to support local residents looking to launch their career in the creative industries.
02 Dec 2021
Lewisham College launched the Reading Ahead Challenge with a series of events to help learners improve their reading skills, boost their confidence, and enhance the opportunities available to them. This challenge requires learners to pick six reads and record, rate and review them in a personal reading diary.
27 Oct 2021
Staff and learners at Lewisham College came together to celebrate Colleges Week 2021, shining a light on the remarkable work Further Education colleges do. Part of the Association of Colleges’ ‘Love Our Colleges’ campaign, the Week showcases the support colleges offer to learners and their local communities to help them gain the skills and qualifications they need to achieve their career goals.
17 Oct 2021
Lewisham College is supporting the Love Our Colleges campaign this Colleges Week from Monday 18 – 22 October to highlight the critical role colleges play in skilling and shaping the future workforce and supporting economic growth and social mobility.
11 Oct 2021
Lewisham College hosted the COVID-19 vaccination bus last week to help keep its community safe. The College is working in partnership with Lewisham Council and the NHS South East Clinical Commissioning Group as part of the vaccination outreach programme to engage with local residents on campus.
07 Sep 2021
Are you thinking about going back to education to get ready to return to work, looking for a promotion in your current career or want to move into a new field? Lewisham College can help you achieve your goal with courses designed to give you the knowledge and skills you need to take the next step in your career.
06 Sep 2021
Open Enrolment has been extended at Lewisham College. Whether you have left school and are unsure about what to study next or are an adult looking to retrain to further your career opportunities, visit our campuses at Lewisham Way and Deptford Bridge to secure your place on a course starting this month.
03 Jun 2021
Lewisham College has introduced new courses for adults as part of the government's £95 million Lifetime Skills Guarantee. The National Skills Fund fully funds the courses which are designed to help those eligible to upskill and boost their career prospects or gain the necessary knowledge and skills to access new career opportunities.
13 May 2021
Lewisham College students won the first ever national NCG Skills Competition, at an event which took place over three days, with students from ten different curriculum areas in NCG colleges across the UK competing against each other for the chance to enter WorldSkills UK and represent their College.
24 Mar 2021
Lewisham College won a Double Gold Award for having over 400 students participate in the Reading Ahead Challenge, the highest number of participants in the country. This annual challenge requires participants to read six times of their choice and write a short piece about what was interesting in the book.
27 Jan 2021
Trainees studying Bricklaying, Plumbing and Painting and Decorating at Lewisham College’s Deptford Construction Campus took part in a qualifying competition in December 2020 for a chance to represent their course and College at the inter-college NCG Annual Skills Competition taking place later this year.
22 Jan 2021
Lewisham College welcomed Rose Bruford College of Theatre and Performance alumni Sylvia Darkwa-Ohemeng and Jessica Hung Han Yun, who studied Stage Management and Lighting Design, to deliver a talk to Production Arts students and share their experience of breaking into the creative industry.
13 Jan 2021
Lewisham College is excited to introduce the CELTA qualification, accredited by The University of Cambridge, starting this January. This internationally recognised certificate is designed to give students the essential knowledge and skills to be able to teach English as a foreign language, paving the way to exciting global opportunities such as living, working and traveling abroad.
08 Jan 2021
Maths teacher, Divanio Crooks received the Mayor of London’s Volunteering Award on International Volunteer Day 2020 for his work with Southside Young Leaders Academy (SYLA) to support communities during the lockdown. The award recognises the invaluable contribution that volunteers make to creating safer, stronger and more resilient communities.
07 Dec 2020
Mental Health issues are becoming more and more prevalent in the modern world, with 1 in 4 people experiencing a Mental Health issue each year. In the wake of this, Lewisham College has joined the Association of Colleges (AoC) Mental Health Charter to ensure a consistent and positive approach to staff and students’ wellbeing.
05 Nov 2020
Lewisham College will be meeting prospective students through a series of Virtual Open Days this term. During these interactive online events, attendees will meet teaching staff, and the Student Services and Careers teams who will be on hand to answer questions about our range of courses and student support.
30 Oct 2020
The inaugural performance took place at Lewisham College to celebrate All Hallows Eve, the first of the year for the College’s Performing and Production Art students. The show entirely created by the learners, included a promenade performance where attendees heard tales of a terrifying vampire, murderous myths and grisly legends.
19 Oct 2020
Lewisham College is joining the Association of Colleges (AoC) Love Our Colleges campaign this Colleges Week - which takes place from Monday 19 October to Friday 23 - to celebrate and showcase the crucial work further education colleges do, day in and day out to skill and shape the future workforce and support economic growth and social mobility.
06 Oct 2020
Lewisham College and Rose Bruford College of Theatre and Performance are delighted to announce their partnership with a new creative and performing arts provision. This new provision includes a range of courses for 16-18s and adults, which are designed to nurture young creatives and performers to develop skills in performance, production, art and design.
13 Aug 2020
Students at Lewisham College celebrated the end of their vocational studies today, on results day. The College has a strong reputation for its vocational qualifications with students achieving an overall 91% pass rates in Health & Social Care, Sport, Business with students achieving 100% pass rates in Health & Social Care, Sports and Business courses.
12 Feb 2020
Lewisham College, along with the Department of Work and Pensions invited local people to a Jobs and Apprenticeships Fair to celebrate National Apprenticeship Week on Thursday, 6 February. Known as one of London’s most successful Apprenticeship providers, the College set out to bring a range of opportunities to the public.
11 Dec 2019
ESOL students raised over £600 in a Foodie Fundraiser for the Ruth Hayman Trust.
Cupcakes, fruit cakes, savory muffins, pasta, and rice dishes were among the variety of foods sold to students at Lewisham College, with long queues that resulted in some foods being sold out within 30 minutes.
24 Jun 2019
On Monday 24 June, Level 3 Business Administration students from Lewisham College supported by their course tutor Michael Armoogum, put on an employment rights and responsibilities event for other students at the college. The students have completed units on Personal Rights & Responsibilities and Organising an Event during their course and decided that their project would consist of a large-scale event opened up to the whole college.
19 Jun 2019
Jack Tombs, who is studying Sport at Lewisham College, was runner up at the Kent County RFU Young Rugby Ambassador of the Year award in recognition of his hard work and dedication as a volunteer. Jack was presented with the Award by ex-England rugby captain Jeff Probyn at the Volunteer Awards Dinner, which was held on 6 June.
The Young Rugby Ambassador award is given to a club member who has driven the core values of rugby within their community.
05 Apr 2019
Lewisham College held a special event to mark National Autism Week on Wednesday 3 April, celebrating the achievements of students who are on the autistic spectrum, and the contribution they make to the rich life of the College, as well as the issues they face.
18 Feb 2019
Vicky Foxcroft, MP for Lewisham Deptford, will visit Lewisham College as guest of honour at its apprenticeships and careers fair on Monday 4 March. Marking the beginning of the 12th National Apprenticeships Week, the fair will kick-off five days of activities across both Lewisham College and its sister institution Southwark College.
- October 2022
- September 2022
- August 2022
- July 2022
- Lewisham College hosts London Apprentice Challenge in Bricklaying
- Business learners raise money for local charity during their Summer Sales event
- Learner Awards: Lewisham College celebrates Additional Learning Support learners
- Supporting young people in Lewisham plan their next steps with Jobs, Careers and Apprenticeships fair
- Lewisham College hosts Reading Ahead Challenge Awards
- Learner Voice: Lewisham College student conference
- Lewisham College comes together for the 2022 summer fair
- Performing and Production Arts learners impress in end-of-year performances
- Lewisham College welcomes Bubble Food for culinary masterclass
- Lewisham College Business learners visit Italy on Erasmus+ climate change trip
- Lewisham College hosts Disability Confident Jobs Fair in collaboration with the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP)
- Lewisham College welcomes Investment20/20, holding workshops for learners with top investment companies
- London Borough of Culture 2022: Learners express their creativity on multimedia project Drilling Diamonds
- April 2022
- March 2022
- Lewisham College proudly announces Stonewall College Champion membership during LGBTQ+ History Month
- Building the future: Lewisham College celebrates National Apprenticeship Week 2022
- Lewisham College launches Mayor of London Academy Hub to help Londoners get free skills training and jobs in hospitality
- January 2022
- New Plumbing and Heating course at Lewisham: upskill your workforce in 2022
- Supported Learning students become entrepreneurs at Christmas Fair
- Inspire Lewisham provides work opportunities for aspiring creatives in the local borough
- Maths Challenge Competition takes place in Lewisham
- Reading Ahead Challenge launches at Lewisham College
- November 2021
- Lewisham College celebrates Colleges Week
- ESOL learners walk 'The Walk' to show their support to refugees in Lewisham
- Colleges Week 2021: Lewisham College joins national campaign to increase funding for Further Education
- The COVID-19 Vaccination Bus arrives at Lewisham College
- Freshers’ Fair welcomes learners back to college
- Supporting Black people step up the career ladder
- New partnership to support young people break into Media, Sports Journalism and Marketing launches in Lewisham
- Safer Schools: Keeping young people safe in the local community
- Unlock your potential with a free course at Lewisham College
- Open enrolment has been extended at Lewisham College!
- August 2021
- July 2021
- Lewisham students perform at Windrush Day event at Royal Museums Greenwich
- Forterra Brickwork Competition Winners Announced at Lewisham College
- Lewisham students showcase their talent in end of year live performance
- Celebrating a new creative partnership in Lewisham
- Lifetime Skills Guarantee: Free Level 3 courses for adults in Lewisham
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- Lewisham students show off their skills at the NCG Annual Skills Competition
- Supporting the next generation of construction experts
- Lewisham Teacher Wins Gathering of Africa’s Best Award
- Rose Bruford alumni deliver inspiring talk to Production Arts students
- Art and Design students showcase their work in an inspiring exhibition
- Lewisham College announces new Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages evening course
- Teacher wins the Mayor of London’s Volunteering Award
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- August 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- Students host employment rights conference
- Avid Readers get their reward from the Lewisham Mayor
- Student Awards 2019: celebrating our students’ achievements
- Students take the initiative to support Lewisham Foodbank
- Student Summer Fair 2019 a great success
- Sports student named Young Rugby Ambassador!
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
Search for a course or your favourite subject, find more information and begin your application.