Catering & Hospitality
If you think the exhilarating, creative and demanding world of professional kitchens is for you, we have a range of expertly-taught courses that will help turn your passion for food into a career.
On our catering and hospitality courses, you'll learn in our state-of-the-art industrial kitchens, and test your skills in our fine dining Phoenix restaurant. Train as a chef with us and you could follow in the footsteps of our past students who are now working in 5-star hotels and Michelin starred restaurants.
- Award in Professional Bartending (Mixology) (Level 2) Programme
- Certificate in Food Preparation and Food Service (Level 1) Programme
- Certificate in General Food and Beverage and Patisserie/Confectionery (Level 1) Programme
- Certificate in General Food and Beverage Service Skills (Level 2) Programme
- Certificate in General Patisserie and Confectionary (Level 2) Programme
- Diploma in Culinary Skills (Level 2) Programme
- Hospitality Explorer Course Programme
- Learn to Cook French Food Programme
- Learn to Cook Quick Healthy and Cheap Meals Programme
- Learn to Make Sweet and Savory Pastries Programme
- NVQ Diploma in Professional Cookery (Preparation and Cooking) (Level 3) Programme
- Wine and Cheese Tasting Course Programme
College isn't just about a social life and good grades. Check out what sort of careers this subject can lead to.
Catering and bar managers
Restaurant and catering establishment managers and proprietors
Kitchen and catering assistants
I’ve really enjoyed my apprenticeship, especially my sessions with my assessor who has given me great encouragement.
My experience as a young chef and apprentice has been very exciting. It has informed me on how things run in a kitchen and has definitely broadened my knowledge and skills.
My time at Lewisham College was very important. It gave me the set of skills I needed to develop into the chef I am today. I’d like to say a big thanks to all of my college lecturers.
I really enjoy being able to work within a team during busy service as well as learning new practical skills. It’s also great to meet with my assessor and track my progress with her. It means that I always know where I’m at in regards to my apprenticeship.