Health & Social Care
If you feel drawn to helping people - especially those who are vulnerable or socially excluded - a career in health and social care could be right for you.
On our government-recognised courses you'll gain the essential knowledge and expertise you need to work in this rewarding sector, opening the door to a career as a care worker or social worker - or helping you to progress in your current workplace.
- Access to HE Diploma in Nursing (Level 3) Programme
- BTEC Introductory Diploma in Health and Social Care (Level 1) Programme
- BTEC National Extended Certificate in Applied Psychology (Level 3) Programme
- BTEC National Extended Diploma in Health & Social Care (Direct Entry to Yr2) (Level 3) Programme
- BTEC National Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care (Level 3) Programme
- Certificate in Counselling Skills (Level 2) Programme
- Certificate in Counselling Skills (Level 3) Programme
- Certificate in Entry to Vocational Study (Entry 3 Extended) Programme
- Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care (Level 2) Programme
- Diploma in Adult Care (Level 3) Programme
- First Extended Certificate in Health and Social Care (Level 2) Programme
- Health & Social Care Explorer Course Programme
- Introduction to Health and Childcare (Entry Level 3) Programme
- National Foundation Diploma in Health and Social Care (Level 3) Programme
College isn't just about a social life and good grades. Check out what sort of careers this subject can lead to.
Health services and public health managers and directors
Senior care workers
Care workers and home carers
Coming to Lewisham College gave me time to truly think about what I wanted to do as an undergraduate student, it really helped my decision to study for a Master’s afterwards – particularly the 'Professional Development' module.
We had a great bond as a class, and our course tutor was always willing to go the extra mile to support learners. I feel that I have really grown both personally and professionally.