This qualification provides you with Level 2 information technology system support skills that could lead to further education in the field or related areas. You will also achieve the 'Cisco IT Essentials industry standard qualification', which can offer those moving into their first job roles the confidence to work effectively with information and communications technologies, and deal with tasks that are straightforward or routine.
The programme will cover main modules in:
- Customer Support Provision
- Maintaining Equipment and Systems
- Installing and Configuring Information and Communications Technology Equipment and Operating Systems
- Installing, Configuring and Maintaining Software
- Cisco Information Technology Essentials
As a student on this course, you will also develop your English and mathematics capabilities. Students learn through a mix of online learning, workshops, assignments and entrepreneurial activities. If you have not already gained a C grade for GCSE English and GCSE Mathematics, working towards this will form part of your programme of study.
Entry Requirements, Units, Assessment and more...
- 4 GCSEs D-F / or 3-2 (in 2017 GCSEs)
- Relevant Level 1 qualification with Merit or above
- Relevant industry experience to Level 1 or above
Learners are assessed through activities that are internally set by tutors.
These include role play, practical demonstration, report writing, group discussion, essay, written question/answer
Aims of the course
- To help learners who wish to progress to/within further education or higher education
- To help learners develop advance learning
- To help learners who are seeking to take on increased responsibilities in life and work
- To help learners who are seeking to enter new work areas and are looking to update and/or add to their employment skills and knowledge
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to progress to the next level available, or seek employment.
We have a wide range of computer rooms and labs where you will learn a range of skills.
Successful completion of this course can enable you to progress to further education (e.g. our PC Networking course) or apply for employment in information technology system support / helpdesk support areas and also pursue self-employment.
What can I earn in the digital skills sector?
When you're deciding what to study post-16, it's important to think about where your course will lead. If you choose to study for a digital skills qualification, you'll be starting on a career path with loads of opportunity for progression ? and an excellent salary in your sights.
- IT project managers start on around £29,000 a year and an earn £49,000 with 3-5 years' experience
- IT user support technicians start on around £22,000 a year and can earn £33,000 with 3-5 years' experience
- Website developers start on around £18,000 and can earn £32,000 with 3-5 years' experience
If you're interested in a career in digital skills, we offer a diverse range of vocational courses that will help you get where you want to go. Thanks to our excellent links with companies like Cisco Systems and PricewaterhouseCoopers, students benefit from valuable work experience, and are taught by staff with extensive industry experience.