This course leads to an Extended Certificate in Vocational Studies, with the opportunity to develop your English and maths skills at the same time.
On successful completion of this course you will achieve:
E3 qualification in vocational study English (dependent on prior qualification) Maths (dependent on prior qualification)
You will also go on a work placement which is a compulsory element of the study programme.
Entry Requirements, Units, Assessment and more...
At least 4 to 5 GCSEs at grade 1 or above
You will be assessed through practical assessments and an e-portfolio of work which you will build throughout the year. For each of the programme's units, which are delivered throughout the year, you will be assessed by:
- Practical observation: you will demonstrate skills and behaviours practically
- Written/electronic: you will complete assignments based on your underpinning knowledge
Regular reports on progress are provided to parents/guardians of students aged under 19 years.
Aims of the course
- To develop your skills, knowledge and behaviour, and provide you with the foundation for further learning
- To prepare you for personal progression, working life, social inclusion and to build your confidence levels
- To give you training in British values, health and safety, and safeguarding.
This qualification will prepare you for further study at level 1 in Hair and Beauty.
You will learn from our skilled staff who use technology remotely and on-site to support your learning. You will get the chance to go on educational visits, participate in workshops, and hear from guest speakers from external companies. You will also undertake work experience in south east or central London.
The course prepares you for work in a range of sectors such as hairdressing, beauty therapy, media make up, sport, catering, health and social care or childcare.