This 18+ qualification gives learners the Knowledge, Skills and Behaviour to become Early Year Educators with a specialism in Babies.
This is a part time course for 28 weeks, you will be in college 2 days a week (not including the days spent in the work environment, it is recommended that learners spend at least 2 days in the work environment).
Knowledge covered over the year includes:
- Principles of holistic development
- Holistic approaches to development for children between 0 to 7 years
- Understanding the Holistic comparative studies.
- Observation and assessment in Early Years
- The need for Professional and personal development.
- Partnership working in all holistic settings
- How to promote the holistic health and wellbeing of the children
- Pedagogical arts in an early year setting
- The reason behind care in Early Year settings
- Early Years curriculum in Steiner, Waldorf and Pikler settings
- Understanding about working and planning in the Early Years sector.
Entry Requirements, Units, Assessment and more...
- Level 2 Qualification in Early Years or Childcare Or work experience in an Early Years setting
- Level 2 Grade 4/ C and above in English and Maths
- Initial assessment English at Level 2
It is important to remember to work as an Early Years Educator you need to have a level 2 in English and Maths.
Written and practical assessments.
Aims of the course
The aim of this qualification is to provide students with the knowledge, understanding, skills and professional approach needed to become a holistic early years practitioner.
This qualification will prepare students to work in a range of early years care situations, including birth to five early years education and care settings, parent and child groups, holistic childminding, Steiner Waldorf birth to three years settings, as well as mainstream settings.
Upon successful completion you could go into further employment.
- 1:1 support if required
- Range of online resources and access to a range of educational programs
- Face to Face Content delivery
- Individualised feedback to develop their own skills and knowledge
Early Years Educator