This 16+ qualification that gives learners the foundation Knowledge, Skills and Behaviour to work with children.
This is a full time course for 1 year, you will also need to fulfil 100 hours placement in a childcare setting.
Knowledge covered throughout the course:
- How to be organised
- How to create a personal development plan and use it to improve yourself
- How to work successfully with others
- How to research a topic of interest
- How to create a safe childcare environment
- How to encourage healthy eating
- How to create activities to promote numeracy development
- How to provide children with creative activities
- How to provide children with physical activities
- How to support children's learning through everyday experiences
- How to maintain the safety and wellbeing of children
Learners will develop a range of skills on this course. Learners will also take part in certified training on the prevent duty, online safety and British values.
Entry Requirements, Units, Assessment and more...
Initial assessment, English at Level 1.
It is desirable that you have a Level 2 Grade 3 in Maths and English, though not essential.
Portfolio of evidence.
Aims of the course
This qualification aims to give learners the foundation knowledge, skills and behaviours to care for children in an early year setting. The course provides you with what you need to progress onto Level 2 Childcare
Level 2 Diploma for Early Year Practitioners.
- One on one support if required
- Personal Tutor
- Face to Face Content delivery individualised feedback to develop their own skills and knowledge.
Once completed a level 2 qualification learners will be able to enter the sector as an Early Years Practitioner.