This 16+ study programme gives learners the Knowledge, Skills and Behaviour to become Early Year Educators, in an Early Years setting.
This is a full time course, including a day a week placement, learners will be expected to dedicated their time during the week to the course.
Knowledge covered over the year includes:
- Child Development (Key stages and Milestones)
- Early Year Foundation Stage Framework
- Safeguarding Legislations and procedures/ Confidentiality
- Equality and Diversity, GDPR.
- Health and safety
- Characteristics of learning
- Multiagency working; MASH LSCB
- Learning and Play; the theories behind it.
- Healthy Eating
- Roles and responsibilities within a child and young person settings
- Behaviour (Managing the child's and themselves)
- British Values (Prevent Duty)
- Meeting additional needs
Learners will develop a range of skills. Learners will also learn about the prevent duty, online safety and British values.
Learners will have the opportunity to progress directly into employment or to enter higher education.
Entry Requirements, Units, Assessment and more...
- 4 GCSE Grade 4 or above Including GCSE Grade 4 English Language
- GCSE Grade 3 minimum (working towards grade 4+)
Written and practical assessments.
Aims of the course
The course aims to develop the learner into a confident and effective Early Years Educator, give learners the essential knowledge and skills to enter higher education and to offer learners an engaging, interactive and enriched curriculum around Early Years Education.
Direct to employment or Higher Education.
- Personal tutor
- Range of online resources and access to a range of educational programs.
- Online workshops and content delivery
- Individualised feedback to develop their own skills and knowledge.
You could enter a range of careers as an:
- Early Years Educator
- or Lower level management