This 16+ apprenticeship is designed for people who want to become teaching assistants in schools and provides you with a certificate in supporting teaching and learning qualification.
On completion of this course Learners will achieve: L3 certificate in supporting teaching and learning English (dependent on prior qualification) Maths (dependent on prior qualification)
You will also go on a work placement which is a compulsory element of the study programme.
Knowledge covered over the year includes:
Understanding how pupils learn and develop Knowledge necessary to work with teachers and support teaching How to keep children safe in education
Skills: Working with technology in a school Knowing how to assess pupils Working in a team
Behaviours: Communication with teachers, senior management, pupils and parents. Treating all pupils equally and fairly You will also learn about the prevent duty, online safety and British values ? three essential topics for child educators.
You will have the opportunity to progress directly into employment or top up your qualification to a diploma with the NCFE portal.
Entry Requirements, Units, Assessment and more...
4 GCSEs at grade 4 or above including English
Written and practical assessments.
Aims of the course
- To give you the knowledge, skills and behaviours that are essential for working with children
- To enable you to become a confident and capable practitioner who is able to support and facilitate learning in pupils
- To give you a positive experience which will lay the foundation for your future career in education.
You can move directly into employment as a teaching assistant or progress to further study, topping up your qualification to a diploma.
You will learn via:
- Personal tutor
- Online resources, workshops and educational programs
- Individual feedback to help you develop your own skills and knowledge.
Having successfully completed this apprenticeship you could become a teaching assistant, learning Mentor or learning support assistant.