This study programme qualifies the learner to be a teaching assistant, supporting the teacher in assessment and the pupils in learning.
This is a full time course, with 1 to 2 days in a school placement and then 2 to 3 days in college.
Knowledge covered over the year includes:
- Understanding how pupils learn and develop
- Knowledge necessary to work with teachers and support teaching
- How to keep children safe in education
- Working with technology in a school
- Knowing how to assess pupils.
- Working in a team
- Communication with teachers, senior management, pupils and parents.
- Treating all pupils equally and fairly
Learners will also learn about the prevent duty, online safety and British values. 3 keys subjects in the training of child educators.
Learners will have the opportunity to progress directly into employment or go into an apprenticeship in Higher Education.
Entry Requirements, Units, Assessment and more...
4 GCSE Grade 4 or above, including GCSE Grade 4 English Language
Internal assessment and practical assessments
Aims of the course
- To give learners the knowledge, skills and behaviours that are essential as well as desirable within the sector.
- Learners will be encouraged to become confident and capable practitioners that are able to support and facilitate learning in pupils.
- Learners will have a positive experience that lays the foundation of the future career in education.
- Direct to employment
- Further study in HE Apprenticeships
- Range of online resources and access to a range of educational programs
- Online workshops and content delivery
- Individualised feedback to develop their own skills and knowledge
- Teaching assistant
- Learning Mentor -Learning support assistant