This new course would suit you if:
- You love entertainment, gaming and virtual worlds
- You are keen and have the interest in pursuing a career in live events, gaming, theatre, film and TV
- You are interested in exciting and innovative new course which help you to develop a range of skills you need to tell stories and create worlds using in-demand tech creative media skills.
- You want to develop and test your creativity within a qualification structure which is stimulating and demanding and provides a supportive transition from general to more specialised study
- You want to develop a portfolio of work that could support progression into a range of higher education courses or jobs
- You want to study full-time and be part of the future of creative media production
- You're looking for an alternative to A Levels
- You want to develop broader creative media skills to enhance your progression to higher education or job prospects - as theatre maker, storyteller or digital creative technologist
Theatre is constantly evolving. Technology has enabled the greater availability of virtual and mixed reality experiences, and theatre-makers want to create new types of performances for their audiences. Within the commercial sector it is crucial that companies build a relationship with customers through memorable experiences. Individuals with the ability to tell a story, create worlds and successfully convey a message through technology are in demand.
So, whether you already know the specific creative career path you wish to follow, or want to progress on to further study and Higher Education, this course will help you to achieve this dream.
Entry Requirements, Units, Assessment and more...
- 4 GCSE qualifications at grades A*-C or 9-4, including English Language
- Level 2 vocational qualification and a Level 2 English qualification
Additional information: You will have a review of your portfolio.
If you are accepted onto this course without a Grade 4 (that's the old Grade C) or above in Maths and/or English you will be given the opportunity to develop your skills in these subjects. This will be a compulsory part of your timetable.
You will also need basic IT skills.
You will be assessed by a combination of assignments, course work, observation of practical workshops, and a final project.
Aims of the course
The course provides an opportunity for those who have an interest in pursuing a career in live entertainment events, gaming, theatre, film and TV to explore, develop and test their creativity within a qualification structure which is stimulating and demanding and provides a supportive transition from general to more specialised study.
It aims to develop and test your creativity within a qualification structure which is stimulating and demanding and provides a supportive transition from general to more specialised study.
The course also aims to enable you to be more employable by helping you to develop skills in communicating, working collaboratively, negotiating and influencing, self-presentation and management, adaptability and resilience, self-monitoring and development.
After successfully passing this course, you will have the skills, knowledge and understanding necessary to progress to a degree course at university in a related subject such as BA in Virtual Theatre and Digital Experiences or into sector related work. Apprenticeships programmes within the Creative Media Sector subject to successful applications.
Our courses are delivered in spacious, state-of-the-art studios enjoying natural daylight from the adjoining Tressiliian road offering excellent inspiring views of Lewisham way. We have a huge 90-seat theatre, spacious dance and technical theatre studios, rehearsal rooms, computer editing suites, recording studios, and digital and traditional black and white photography developing dark rooms.
This course gives you the potential opportunity to enter employment within a wide range of the creative arts sector. This course gives you the potential opportunity to enter employment.
This course will give you the technical and creative skills to become:
- a theatre maker
- a storyteller
- a digital creative technologist