There is an opportunity to pursue qualifications through these Explorer Courses that are fundable for eligible adult learners through the adult education budget.
Entry Requirements, Units, Assessment and more...
Level 1 in English/ Maths Functional Skills
Knowledge based assessment
Aims of the course
These EXPLORER courses will give learners who are considering a sector-based course a realistic idea of what it would be like to work in the sector. Bite-sized content allows learners to explore the sector before committing to something more substantial. This will include information about the vast opportunities the sector will present but also the challenges, giving learners a real insight into how they may want to develop their career path.
Learners who have taken this Explorer Programme could potentially complete the following qualifications and apprenticeships in the sector:
- Hospitality Team Member (level 2)
- Commis Chef (level 2) Qualifications, full-time study
- Pearson BTEC Level 2 Technical Diploma in Food and Beverage Service
- Pearson BTEC Level 2 Technical Certificate in Patisserie and Confectionery
- Pearson BTEC Level 2 Technical Extended Diploma in Professional Cookery
Professional Kitchens and E suite for theory / One rosette fine dining restaurant and barista lounge bar area delivered by professional chefs / lecturers who have excellent knowledge around the Hospitality Industry.
To enable learners to advance into an apprenticeship or work