This qualification takes up where the foundation and advanced levels left off. It offers the 6 units/modules required to achieved the full AAT Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting qualification by unitised delivery every 18 weeks. This offers the flexibility for students to plan and enrol for their required units when and as required.
The course unit delivery would suit you if:
- You've successfully completed the Level 3 Diploma in Accounting
- You're progressing in your finance/accounting career and want to back up your knowledge with a recognised qualification
- You're looking for an alternative to university
- You employ accounts staff and want to improve their skills
Entry Requirements, Units, Assessment and more...
You'll need to have completed the AAT Advanced Diploma in Accounting at Level 3 to study on this programme.
You will complete online computer-based exam for each unit.
Aims of the course
The Professional Diploma in Accounting will prepare you for finance officer roles by giving you a solid foundation in Financial Statement of limited Companies, Management Accounting: Budgeting, Management Accounting: Decision and Control, Personal Tax and Business Tax. It is suited for those who have successfully completed AAT L3 Diploma, if you're progressing in your finance/accounting career and want to back up your knowledge with a recognised qualification, if you're looking for an alternative to university or if you employ accounts staff and want to improve their skills.
This qualification would be appropriate for those who wish to pursue a range of careers in either the private or public sectors.
Successful completion of the full AAT Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting gives you options!
- You can move into employment in fields such as Forensic Accounting or Corporate Finance, or specialise in taxation or insolvency.
- If you want to continue your studies, you may be able to jump onto the 2nd year of accounting degree programmes of some Universities.
- You could also progress to study for Chartered and Certified Accountancy qualifications such as ACCA, CIMA or ICAEW.
- Whatever you choose, you can apply for full AAT membership. This will boost your employment opportunities.
We have a wide range of computer rooms and labs with industry standard hardware and software where you will learn a range of skills. Students also does have access to library facilities. The course is delivered through a mixture of classroom face-to-face lessons, workshops and presentations
The skills developed by studying this qualification (units) will give students a solid base from which to seek employment with greater confidence. The skills developed in this qualification can lead to employment roles in finance filed in companies across a wide range of sectors including:
- Corporate Finance
- Forensic Accounting
- Specialise in taxation
- Specialise in insolvency
Job roles such as:
- Accounts Payable and Expenses Supervisor
- Assistant Financial Accountant
- Commercial Analyst
- Senior Finance Officer
- Tax Supervisor
- VAT Accountant