School Midday & Crossing Patrol Occupations
Workers in this unit group supervise the activities of school children during break and meal times and assist children to cross roads near to the entrances of schools.
- Supervises the playground activities of children during meal and break times
- Cares for sick children and administers first aid if necessary
- Assists young children with feeding, dressing, washing and toiletry activities
- Meets children wanting to cross the road and directs them to wait at the kerb
- Waits for a safe gap in traffic and walks to the centre of road
- Signals approaching traffic to stop by using hand signals and school crossing signs
- Directs children to cross the road when safe.
There are no formal academic entry requirements. Some employers may expect candidates to show previous experience in caring for children. Training is provided off- and on-the-job. CRB clearance is mandatory.
What could I earn?
Salaries for this occupation tend to start at £16,000 per annum and can progress up to £22,000 per annum.
Is it in growth or decline?
There are currently 12,492 employed School Midday & Crossing Patrol Occupations in the region.