Cleaners & Domestics
Cleaners and domestics clean interiors of private houses, shops, hotels, schools, offices and other buildings.
- Scrubs, washes, sweeps and polishes floors, corridors and stairs
- Dusts and polishes furniture and fittings
- Cleans toilets and bathrooms
- Washes down walls and ceilings
- Empties ashtrays, waste bins and removes rubbish.
No academic qualifications are required. On-the-job training may be provided. NVQs/SVQs in Cleaning: Building Interiors are available at Levels 1 and 2.
What could I earn?
Salaries for this occupation tend to start at £17,000 per annum and can progress up to £22,000 per annum.
Is it in growth or decline?
There are currently 67,643 employed Cleaners & Domestics in the region.