Educational Support Assistants
Educational support assistants work with teachers to provide one-to-one support for children with particular learning needs.
- Supports schoolwork under teacher’s supervision
- Helps child understand instruction through a variety of means and encourages self-confidence and independence
- Identifies signs of distress and offers reassurance
- Implements care programmes, as appropriate
- Helps and encourages child to communicate
- Attends to child’s physical needs
- Provides feedback to teachers and completes and maintains records.
Academic qualifications may be required by some employers, although entry is possible with relevant experience alone. CRB clearance is mandatory.
What could I earn?
Salaries for this occupation tend to start at £18,000 per annum and can progress up to £21,000 per annum.
Is it in growth or decline?
There are currently 19,993 employed Educational Support Assistants in the region.
- Learning Support Assistant Bishop's Stortford, Hertfordshire
- Care Support Roles Available in Wandsworth. Wandsworth, London, SW19 6JB
- TEACHING ASSISTANT – VISION IMPAIRMENT Woking, Surrey, GU21 4TJ
- We are looking for ASD/ASC TA's based in Hackney Hackney, London, W1T 7QW
- Transition Support Coach - Support Employment Service Berkshire, RG41 2PY