Nursery Nurses & Assistants
Nursery nurses and assistants care for children from birth up to seven years of age in day or residential nurseries, children’s homes, maternity units and similar establishments.
- Baths, dresses, prepares feed for and feeds babies, changes babies clothing whenever necessary
- Supervises young children at mealtimes
- Plans and organises games and other activities and supervises children’s play
- Reads stories, organises counting games to help develop language and number skills
- Writes reports on children’s development and maintains awareness of health and safety issues
- Communicates with parents and colleagues on children’s development and well-being.
Entry is most common with GCSEs/S grades followed by the award of a certificate from the Council for Awards in Children’s Care and Education. An NVQ/SVQ in Child Care and Education or equivalent qualification at level 3 is required to work as a nursery nurse. CRB clearance is mandatory.
What could I earn?
Salaries for this occupation tend to start at £16,000 per annum and can progress up to £18,000 per annum.
Is it in growth or decline?
There are currently 25,688 employed Nursery Nurses & Assistants in the region.
- Kickstart - Nursery Nurse & Assistant London, SW184DX
- Kickstart - Nursery Nurse Assistant Surrey, GU248HF
- Nursery Nurse/ Nursery Assistant Hertfordshire, Home Counties, HP4 1DL
- NURSERY DEPUTY MANAGER / ROOM LEADER / NURSERY NURSE / NURSERY ASSISTANT / APPRENTICESHIP SE18 6PF
- Nursery Nurse - Phoenix Ward Chelmsford, CM1 7ET