Information Technology & Telecommunications Professionals N.e.c.
Job holders in this unit group perform a variety of tasks not elsewhere classified in MINOR GROUP 213: Information Technology and Telecommunication Professionals.
- Undertakes the testing of software, systems or computer games for errors, identifies source of problems and proposes solutions
- Develops, implements and documents test plans for IT software, systems and computer games
- Develops quality standards and validation techniques
- Makes recommendations concerning software/system quality
- Examines IT system for potential threats to its security and integrity and draws up plans for disaster recovery if security is compromised
- Deals with and reports on breaches in security.
Entrants usually possess a degree or equivalent qualification, although entry with other academic qualifications and/or significant relevant experience is possible. There is a variety of relevant vocational, professional and postgraduate qualifications available.
What could I earn?
Salaries for this occupation tend to start at £42,000 per annum and can progress up to £49,000 per annum.
Is it in growth or decline?
There are currently 16,797 employed Information Technology & Telecommunications Professionals N.e.c. in the region.