Web Design & Development Professionals
Jobholders in this unit group design, develop and maintain websites to meet a client’s specified requirements.
- Liaises with internal/external client in order to define the requirements for the website
- Presents design options to the client
- Designs web pages including graphics, animation and functionality to maximise visual effectiveness and facilitate appropriate access
- Develops the website and applications
- Designs and develops web interfaces for relational database systems
- Establishes methods to ensure appropriate website security and recovery
- Writes and publishes content for the website
- Tests website interaction and performance prior to going ‘live’, and monitors and maintains functionality of the website
- Activates the ‘live’ website.
Entrants usually possess a degree or equivalent qualification, although entry with other academic qualifications and/or significant relevant experience is possible. There is a variety of relevant vocational, professional and postgraduate qualifications available.
What could I earn?
Salaries for this occupation tend to start at £32,000 per annum and can progress up to £34,000 per annum.
Is it in growth or decline?
There are currently 6,726 employed Web Design & Development Professionals in the region.