IT Project & Programme Managers
Jobholders in this unit group manage, coordinate and technically supervise specific IT projects and programmes of a discrete duration and/or budget.
- Works with client or senior management to establish and clarify the aims, objectives and requirements of the IT project or programme
- Plans the stages of the project or programme, reviews actions and amends plans as necessary
- Coordinates and supervises the activities of the project/programme team
- Manages third party contributions to the programme or project
- Monitors progress including project/programme budget, timescale and quality
- Coordinates and oversees implementation of the project or programme
- Reports on project or programme to senior management and/or client.
Entrants usually possess a degree or equivalent qualification, although entry with other academic qualifications and/or significant relevant experience is possible. There is a variety of relevant vocational, professional and postgraduate qualifications available.
What could I earn?
Salaries for this occupation tend to start at £43,000 per annum and can progress up to £56,000 per annum.
Is it in growth or decline?
There are currently 7,458 employed IT Project & Programme Managers in the region.