IT Specialist Managers
IT specialist managers plan, organise, manage and coordinate the provision of specialist IT services and functions in an organisation.
- Plans, coordinates and manages the organisation’s IT provision or a specialist area of IT activity
- Liaises with users, senior staff and internal/external clients to clarify IT requirements and development needs
- Takes responsibility for managing the development of a specialist aspect of IT provision such as user support, network operations, service delivery or quality control
- Supervises the technical team and coordinates training
- Plans and monitors work and maintenance schedules to ensure agreed service levels are achieved
- Reports on IT activities to senior management.
Entrants usually possess a degree or equivalent qualification, although entry with other academic qualifications and/or significant relevant experience is possible. There is a variety of vocational, professional and postgraduate qualifications available.
What could I earn?
Salaries for this occupation tend to start at £43,000 per annum and can progress up to £53,000 per annum.
Is it in growth or decline?
There are currently 22,341 employed IT Specialist Managers in the region.