Production Managers & Directors In Mining & Energy
Production managers and directors in mining, energy and water supply plan, organise, direct and co-ordinate the activities and resources necessary for the extraction of minerals and other natural deposits and the production, storage and provision of gas, water and electricity supplies.
- Co-ordinates the activities of mines, quarries, drilling operations and offshore installations
- Determines staffing, material and other needs
- Co-ordinates and supervises coal-face production activities and ensures compliance with health and safety regulations
- Ensures that all haulage, storage, purification and distribution work is performed efficiently and in compliance with statutory and other regulations
- Arranges for the provision of gas, water and electricity supplies
- Ensures compliance with issues relating to the environmental impact of operations.
There are no pre-set entry standards. Entry is possible with either GCSEs/S grades or A levels/H grades, a BTEC Diploma, an apprenticeship, NVQ (level 3), a degree or equivalent qualification with/without relevant experience. Off- and on-the-job training is provided and can lead to professional qualifications.
What could I earn?
Salaries for this occupation tend to start at £30,000 per annum and can progress up to £67,000 per annum.
Is it in growth or decline?
There are currently 1,637 employed Production Managers & Directors In Mining & Energy in the region.